Sunday, August 27, 2006

Truly International

Over the course of the Toastmasters International Conference, I met people from all over the world. In fact, I met more people from other places in those three days than I have met in my whole life! After a few days, I realized that I would never remember all the cities and countries people were from, so I bought a tablet for people to sign. The only thing I could find was a ruled writing tablet, which was not very fun. Next year, I am going to buy a bound diary or journal, or maybe an atlas so that people can sign by their state or country! But here are a few that I remember or that people wrote for me:

Sagamiono, Japan
Kingston, Jamaica
Limerick, Ireland
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Ghana
Scotland
Ireland
England
Australia
Phillipines
New Zealand
New York
Greece
Japan
New Mexico
Arizona
Oklahoma
Texas
Colorado
California
Nevada
Washington DC
Maryland
Virginia
South Carolina
Illinois
Missouri
Oregon

And there were many more! Toastmasters are really easy to meet and start talking to because we are all learning and practicing communication all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Martin said...

Yup. I was there too. The Washington Post thought we were just a bunch of old people. Even at 55, I felt the average attendee was over the hill.

Great International Speech contest, wonderful new World Champion. Great representatives for the organization in the 10 finalists.

Wish I could say the same for Donna Groh, Johnny Uy and Chris Ford. These people just don't see how great this organization would be if they'd only relax a little.

Members of Toastmasters continue to be the the best people in the world!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, John. I followed your link over to your blog and from there to the Washington Post article. Then I checked and, just like they said, Darren LaCroix is on YouTube! We have websites, blogs, and now YouTube, we've gotta be cool!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home