Monday, August 21, 2006

Washington, DC

The day has finally arrived! Tomorrow morning I board the plane for Washington, DC (my hometown!) for this year's Toastmasters International Convention. It was hard to make those reservations so many months ago. I always feel like I don't know what I'll be doing next week! But it was nice not to have to scramble, to know that everything was all arranged. I've never been to an International Convention before, but I have to reason to believe it's going to be awesome! What makes me think so? Well, I'll tell you. I've been to my club, that's 10 or 20 people, and laughed always and sometimes cried and learned something every time. I get that feeling that I'm on my way, doing something important, helping people to become what they want to become while they help me. It's a rush. I've been to District conferences for the State of New Mexico and County of El Paso, where there were a few hundred people, and that was even more exciting. I've been to Regional conferences for six states where there were several hundred people, and that was amazing. So, I know if I go to the International Conference, where there will be thousands of people from all over the world, it's going to be something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home