Saturday, August 26, 2006

Third and Last Day

This was the Big Day. We got up at 6:30 AM, that would be 4:30 New Mexico time, to roast the outgoing International Director for our Region. The other Regions did the same. It was fun.

Then we went to the World Championship of Public Speaking. Great speakers and great speeches! I laughed a lot and cried many times and was thoroughly entertained. It might have been discouraging to see how far I have to go, but it wasn't, it was inspiring. I found out that when an audience of 2,000 claps or laughs, it is an awesome thing. Although my favorite didn't win, he was close to the top. I hope he comes back!

The last thing was the President's Reception and then the President's Dinner Dance. Everyone dressed to the max, good food, and good company. I started to go back to my room when it looked like things were winding down, but changed my mind and went back to experience every last moment. That's when I found out about the sing-along. It is a tradition apparently, but not on the program, so we went looking for it in the empty rooms. Pretty soon, there were probably 100 people there singing when they knew the words and just listening when they didn't. I left at 1 AM because I just had to get some sleep before morning and they were still going strong. Next year, I will definitely plan on being up all night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

my web blog - cheap auto insurance cheap auto insurance (jamescitycomputer.com)

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home