Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Treat Everyone the Same

Another person came by my table and looked at the book.

"What is the right thing?" she asked.

"Treating everyone the same and treating them well," I said.

"I'm glad you added that about treating them well," she joked.

"Yes, but I think I'd rather have treating them all the same even more than treating them well."

"Hmmm," she said. "It's about teamwork then, that's what everybody talks about."

"Yes," I said.

But when I thought about it later, it occurred to me that it's not about teamwork. It makes teamwork easy, yes, but it's not about that. It's about:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
take care, tcb
a little respect
whoa, babe
a little respect
Aretha Franklin

and

COMPASSION
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
The Dalai Lama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home