Monday, October 31, 2005

Speeches

Starting to work on the three speeches for the Toastmasters International Speech competition.

The Man Who Listened Well
Listening can be a gift and a reward more precious than gold and better than money. I learned that from The Man Who Listened Well.

Star Stuff
I used to get in trouble for being arrogant, bossy, obnoxious, irritating, intolerant, insufferable, loud, unruly, and disrespectful of authority. I still have all those qualities. I guess they're natural talents. But I don't get in trouble for them anymore.

Changing the World
Why are you here? It must have something to do with being a Toastmaster. The mission of a Toastmasters Club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth. Are you here to improve your speaking? To become a better leader? Maybe you like the camardarie of the supportive and positive learning environment? Probably all those things. But that's not really it, is it? I think I know the real reason. You want to change the world. So do I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home