Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's Irrelevant

A browser at Page One came over to my table and looked at my book, whose cover says in big letters, "Doing the Right Thing".

"How do you know you're doing the right thing?" he asked.

"Because you're working together so that everybody wins, everybody comes out okay," I said.

"But what if people are just negative and hostile all the time?" he asked.

"That's irrelevant," I said.

"Irrelevant? That's irrelevant?" he repeated.

"Yes," I said.

Very profound and inscrutable of me. But it only caused him to shake his head and walk away. I wish I had said, "Yes, because it doesn't really matter what they are and what they do. What's important is what you are and what you do. My book can help you figure out what you can say and do to make your life and work more productive and happy, which will make people want to be around you and help you."

I guess I need more practice!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quality articles or reviews is the key to invite the users to visit the web page, that's what this site is providing.

Also visit my weblog cheap auto insurance tampa

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home