Sunday, April 30, 2006

Not High Speed

When we moved out here to Moriarty, we tried everything to get high speed internet access. We couldn't get DSL. We couldn't get cable. So we got Direcway, now Hughesnet, satellite internet access because they provide everywhere as long as you have a clear view of the southern sky. We have a great view. It took a few weeks to make the arrangements with the installer, because of some misunderstandings and because our cell phones weren't working out here either. Finally, we got it. At first, it was sometimes fast and sometimes slow but now it is always incredibly slow, probably slower than dial-up. And I can't get connected to half the sites I try to go to. I get a screen that says "The page cannot be displayed." This was on Barnes and Noble Affiliates, Amazon Associates, and even my website mail server. It won't give me internet access through the router either.

That's my story. I promise to go back to posting regularly as soon as I get this pesky thing figured out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home