Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sightseeing in Washington DC

After taking care of logistical things like moving to the conference hotel next to the Capitol, my brother and I finally got around to some sightseeing. We decided to go to the zoo. For my education, we decided to get there via the Metro. They built the Metro while I was still living here, but I never rode it. I had seen too many movies featuring the New York subway as the setting for murder and mayhem. I have still never been in a New York subway, but I have now been in the Washington Metro. It is the greatest thing. You can get all over Washington in a snap. It is easy to understand, there are people to help you, and it is not scary at all. In fact, it's a marvel. I highly recommend it because it is really hard to drive here -- way too much traffic and one-way streets going off at odd angles and no place to park.

The zoo was great. There is a new panda cub, very cute. Although we didn't get to see her, her pictures were everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home