Monday, February 13, 2006

A Good Time at Hastings

I had a great time at Hastings on Sunday. I was right in front of the door and there were a lot of people coming and going. I had a table and chair but I stood up most of the time so I could give people candy or pens or talk to them as they came by. I was trying to be polite and wait for them to look at me before saying Hi, but Denis said I had it backwards, I was supposed to say Hi first and see if they would look at me and say Hi back. I'm learning! Many people did stop to talk to me, which was the best part. Almost everybody asked, "What's this about?" which means that my book cover is not enough for people to know at a glance what it's about. So, I need to work on signs that they can read quickly with short phrases or taglines that describe it better. I sold some books and the cool part was that I talked to the people first and I think my book is just what they need. It was really fun to watch people, too. Lots of people came with friends or met friends there and stayed in the store for quite a while. Some left and came back later. It's a happening place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home