Monday, February 06, 2006

Have a Little Faith

I learned today to have a little faith in people and also in what I believe. I was trying to help someone figure out how to work on a problem he was having with another person. I listened to him. He seemed about to give up. I said some things, but he only responded, "No, no. I won't do that. It won't work." So, I left him alone, thinking that I had failed. But in a few hours, he called and we talked some more. In another few hours, he had figured out how to use what I was trying to give him. I should have had a little faith, in him, in my gift. Sometimes, you just have to add a little time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peg Spencer said...

Probably the most important thing you did for this guy was listen. Given an attentive ear, some suggestions to bounce around his brain, and some time, he was able to come to his own solution for his problem.

A ready ear is a wonderful gift.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home