Friday, February 10, 2006

Best Quality/Worst Flaw

A very wise human resources person once told me that your best quality is always your worst flaw. I was shocked. But I think it may be true. It's true for me. I am enthusiastic, but sometimes I am loud. I am smart, but sometimes I am smug. I focus well, but sometimes I am unobservant. It is interesting. I try not to overstress my strengths, because, carried too far, they are my weaknesses. I feel better about my weaknesses, because they're a side effect of my strengths. And I'm not as anxious to "fix" people anymore, because I might be trying to destroy the thing I value the most about them.

Adrian Savage over at The Coyote Within has a remarkable post on how a strength can become a handicap in a different way. It's fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home