Thursday, October 08, 2009

People Who Didn't Meet My Expectations were Defective

I used to have expectations of the people that worked for me. I expected them to come to work every day, get to work on time, work diligently throughout the day, take breaks and lunches at the designated times, do what I told them to do exactly how and when I told them to do it, and revere me as the perfect boss that I was. Whenever they did not meet my expectations, I got mad. If they criticized (or made fun!) of me, I was surprised, hurt, and mad. Anyone who didn’t meet my expectations was defective. The only possibilities were that they would be able to overcome their flaws, at least while they were at work, so that they could meet my expectations, or they would have to go.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home