Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Couldn't Even Make Timid People Do What I Wanted

Even then, I was convinced that my boss should just give me the power to fire people at will. That would get compliance. More fear was what was needed. But my boss didn’t understand. His response was, “Uh, I don’t think that would be a good idea.” And some of the people who worked for me did seem to be intimidated already. One woman always brought a backup with her when she came to talk to me. But she still didn’t do what I told her to do. In fact, I got the impression that her role was the heroine – fighting a cruel tyrant (that would be me) to get justice for the downtrodden (that would be her). I was just trying to get the job done. But I couldn’t even make timid people do what I wanted!

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home