Friday, October 09, 2009

People Want to Deliver Perfection

You might think that I would have had trouble keeping people, but I don’t think the turnover was high for an office like ours. What I wanted was perfection. There were actually a lot of people who seemed to want to deliver perfection, even if it was just one person’s version of it, but it was very hard on all of us. It was hard on me because I was disappointed and angry much of the time. It was hard on them because they never could entirely succeed at being “perfect”, though some of them tried very hard. For the ones who weren’t interested in being “perfect”, of course, it was hell. And we were all on the wrong path anyway. What I thought of as perfection was really just “my way of doing things”. We would have been closer to achieving perfection if I had listened to them as much as they listened to me and if we had all thought about how we were doing things and learned how other people did them so that we could constantly get better.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home