Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What I Really Mean

There came a point in my life when I realized that, for whatever reason, my "natural" tendency was to be somewhat self-centered, opinionated, judgmental, impulsive, aggressive, and loud, and whereas those attributes (which I believe are actually defenses) caused me a lot of trouble, I realized one day that I didn't have to go with my gut reaction to what was happening around me, and that my gut was not a good guide for me. I uncurled from my defensive posture, which was not doing me any good anyway, enough to try to see from a different point of view, from outside of myself, which helped a lot, and I found some things that helped me keep this new perspective. So, I use these guides, which I put in my book, to help me to see what is really happening instead of what I am afraid is happening. And now I am a better person, and nicer to be around, because I make better choices, based on reason and, strangely, since I have let go of my defenses, the fear is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home