Monday, June 12, 2006

Writers to Writers

Writers to Writers is a group that meets on the second Monday of the month at 6:30 PM at the Hastings at Coors & Montano in Albuquerque. Tonight, the talk was "Writing in the Mythological Voice", which I thought might be for fiction writers, not my genre. But I have learned over the past few years that every kind of writing has something for every writer to learn, so I decided to go anyway and hang out with the other writers. Besides, I wanted to visit my books, which are on sale there, and count them!

The speaker tonight was Natalie Reid and she was excellent. It didn't take long for me to become interested in the mythological voice. I loved her parable called the River Daughter, which she had printed on a card over a photo of a river (new ways to market your writing!). And I thoroughly enjoyed the exercise, where we closed our eyes and she took us into a crystal cave so that we could let the crystal speak through us about an object that we had with us (in a mythological voice, of course). It was magical!

I only found two of my books, which is good because it means the other ones found new homes! They were in the regional literature section, if you are looking for them, because I am a local author. But you know that they belong in management beside In Search of Excellence, The One Minute Manager, and The Wisdom of Teams, although it doesn't seem to matter much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home