Sunday, June 04, 2006

Region III Conference (continued)

They did let us out in the evenings to have dinner and mingle with our fellow Toastmasters. I met Toastmasters from all nine Districts in our region, which includes Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and southern Wyoming. Although I missed the regular educational sessions both days, I got to participate in the evening entertainment.

The first night, our hosts from Oklahoma performed, told stories, recited poety, and sang songs from their state's past. They even explained what Sooners (the people who snuck in before the land rush) and Boomers (the ones who were there for it) were.

The second night we had the International Speech Contest with nine of the very best speakers from our region. My favorite was Ron Chapman, a writer, public speaker, consultant, facilitator, and mentor. He said that we all move at the speed of pain and recommended to us what his mentor told him, "cuddle up to your pain" because it is the greatest gift (that nobody wants!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,
like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with
some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of
that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.


Feel free to surf to my webpage :: nj car insurance

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home