Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Toastmasters Rush

We had a great meeting tonight at Sandia Lite! There were five of us -- Marianne, Laura, Bill, Matt, and Marco (Connie's new name!) -- so we decided to let everyone give a speech and get evaluations from all of us. Because Matt and Marco were new to our club, we explained a lot about what we were doing, especially with evaluations, and it motivated us all, even the ones doing the explaining!

Since you might be new to Toastmasters, I'll explain that with evaluations we try to see all the great and good things and talk about them, then notice something that we think would make the speech even better, and then round it off with something else that was good. It's funny how the suggestions for improvement are so important, how they show that you are paying attention and, if done right, how much you care about helping the other person.

It's magic when people get together to pursue a common goal, especially when that goal is being the best that you can be!

3 Comments:

Blogger Styf said...

I came across your blog while searching for Toastmasters on blogspot. I've been with them for quite sometime myself.. and I must say, I really like the way summed your post in the end. Its a good definition of toastmasters.. I just might use it somewhere in my next project ;)

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Styf! What club are you with? Give them a plug!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your blog.
Im really impressed by your site.
Hey there, You've done a great job. I will certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from
this website.

my homepage ... best auto insurance rates

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home