Sunday, February 19, 2006

Another Good Day At Hastings

I was at the Hastings at Wyoming & Montgomery yesterday. I had a new sign made from my book cover that was at least three times as big as the old one. Big enough for people to read as they walked by. My picture had to be smaller to make room for it on the poster, but that was better, too! Will said that he loved the poster. I brought my own easel so we wouldn't have to worry about where to put the poster. I had a nice big table. It was sideways to the door but with the sign and the books, brochures, candy, and crystal on the table, I was hard to miss.

I was determined this time to say Hi to everybody, as instructed. I only missed a few. It was amazing. No matter how determinedly they were not looking at me or frowning or looking preoccupied, almost every single person did look my way and say Hi back to me and very nicely, too! It was very cool to see people's faces change and get a greeting. I was content with that and didn't try to get anything else out of them.

I did have a few people stop and talk to me but I hadn't sold any books until my friend LM came by. She was in from Colorado and bought one for herself and a friend there. Thanks L!

It turned out to be a pretty good day and I learned a lot. Smiling and saying Hi is the right thing to do! I think my sign helped people to know what the book was about in just a few seconds. I haven't thought of anything else exactly to do yet. If you do, let me know! I think that maybe Sundays or maybe even weekdays will be better for me than Saturdays.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I read your blog regularly. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work!



Here is my blog; general business insurance

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home