Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Problem with Focusing On One Thing

That first experience helped to make me very meticulous about my work. But I also learned to focus only on what I was doing. They had it planned that way. They had been in business 75 years and had issued tens of thousands of policies. They had mapped out every task for maximum efficiency, like an assembly line. Of course, it was pretty boring. If I had still been there when they brought in computers to do the work, as they did a few years later, I doubt that I would have minded losing my job to automation. Of course, I didn’t know how to do anything else there, just that one thing, so there would have been no other job for me.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home