Monday, May 22, 2006

The Danger of Reading

I have a problem. Reading is dangerous for me. It's not because I live in a repressive society or that what I read makes me unhappy, discontented, or rebellious. It's not because of the content at all. It's because of the voice. Every writer has a voice, a style. It's the words they use, the way they put the words together, the way they communicate what they think. My problem is that when I read I pick up the writer's voice and it comes out in my speech.

2 Comments:

Blogger wordmaster said...

You're right. When I read Will Rogers, I become Will Rogers. When I read John Wayne, I become John Wayne, pilgrim.

I sound just like Henry Fonda. Watch this: "I, I, I, I, I, I, think so." See sounded just like him didn't it?

the wordmaster
http://fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com/

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flea23, you are hilarious. I love your Blogger profile. Especially, how to tell if you're joking.

Yes, you do sound just like Henry Fonda!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home