Saturday, May 20, 2006

Being Entertaining

I am working on my next Toastmasters educational achievement award, trying to finish the tenth speech in this set in the next week or two. My very last project in the Professional Speaker manual is an entertaining speech. I always like to be entertaining. At least interesting. Hopefully informative. So, I thought this would be any easy one. But no, this is strictly an entertaining speech, with no story, no point, just to get people to laugh a lot and have fun. I see this is going to be hard work!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marianne - Surely you have to have a subject on which to wax entertaining. Wax entertainingly?

How about a "how to" speech? Those can get pretty funny. Or a tongue in cheek, e.g. proposing a very serious but outrageous solution to a global problem.

Good luck!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Peg, you are so smart! I love the idea of "proposing a very serious but outrageous solution to a global problem." That is awesome! I think you would make a great Toastmaster!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home