Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Serenity

I am still packing and cleaning, trying to get my house ready to go on the market. I fear I have been getting a little cranky. But I have a new role model. Our friend and business partner has been working on the new house and coming back to help with this house every few days. I don't think he has had a day off in many weeks. He was here the other day, sick with a cold or the flu, but installing a new kitchen sink as promised. He had been working by himself for a little while when I heard him say quietly, "Uh, Gator (that's my husband), could you give me a hand for a second?" My husband said, "Sure, I'll be there in a minute." Then he said, still very calmly, "Now would be better." I walked around the corner to see him struggling to hold up the sink from below because the last fastener had broken and the old sink, which we didn't realize was cast iron and weighed close to 200 pounds, had fallen on him. I wish I could be like that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, serenity for sure. Me, I would have been yelling, "HALP!!"

Good luck with the move, Marianne, and thanks for keeping up with the blog in spite of all the craziness you must be dealing with!

Peg

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Peg!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home