Friday, March 10, 2006

Toastmasters & Leaders

Sorry about the sporadic posts these days. I am packing and cleaning, getting ready to put my house on the market and move a little farther out of town.

I took a break from all that today to go talk to a few Toastmaster friends, Ron and Gregory, about leadership in our district. We talked about leaders we know and people who might be leaders and about ourselves as leaders.

Ron told me that leaders have gravitas. Which is something important that I need to think about in my own struggle to be a leader. He always seems to know what people need. He's like that.

Ron Chapman
Magnetic North

Gregory had the most beautiful thought of the evening:

"The unwounded person
does not have the depth
to be a leader."

Gregory Lay

Gregory doesn't have a website for me to link to, but he can be reached at MeetTheChallenge@aol.com and this is his bio at UNM Continuing Education, where he is an instructor: Gregory Lay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home