Saturday, January 07, 2006

An Interesting Day

Today I went to Toastmasters at 8:00 AM, as usual on Saturdays. Then because it was the first Saturday of the month, over to Southwest Writers, and made an announcement about the class on blogging that I will do the third Tuesday in February. I sold a book there to a future blogger. Then to work to catch up on a few things for a few hours. Then over to Page One. On the first Saturday of the month, they let local authors come and sell their books in the cafe from three to five o'clock.

This was the first time that I was the only writer there. There was a woman waiting to see what it was about, Lisa. We talked for a long time about writing and books, my book, a book she is writing, agents, publishers, publishing, and then other things. I told her that we usually had more writers show up, sometimes three or four, sometimes six or eight, apologizing that it was just me. She said that was probably the way it was meant to be. That we wouldn't have been able to talk like we did if there had been more people there and there must have been something that we needed to hear from each other. I trust that my book will help her or someone she knows or meets. I know that I will think about the things we talked about for a long time and take some of her good advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home