Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Better Life Success Enrichment Seminar 5

I was different but I wasn’t really changed. I had discovered something in myself that I didn’t know was there. I had gone on a journey and come back to the place I started. And I had gained another piece of all that I can be.

That is what happens to you. All the research and planning make you think that you, the person you are now, can do this. But you can’t. Because in doing something so far from your norm, you can’t help but make new discoveries about the thing that you are doing and about yourself.

It’s like the difference between being given directions to a place and actually going there. When people give you directions, they only tell you what roads to take. When you go there, you see the grass and the trees and the mountains in the distance, you smell the honeysuckle, you hear the birds, you feel the earth under your feet. That’s the difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it.

These are things that you can do, physical things. There are also journeys that your mind can go on from which it will return with a whole new perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home