Monday, July 25, 2005

Getting Over It

In our work, we make mistakes. If we can recognize our mistakes or are told about them quickly enough, we can correct them and mitigate the consequences. Sometimes it even helps to try something, try anything, to see what results we get and adjust our actions accordingly. "Ready, fire, aim", someone once said. It works more quickly and accurately sometimes. And in business, it's not necessarily being able to foretell the future that leads to success, it's being able to adapt quickly when the future doesn't turn out like we planned. I don't like to make mistakes, especially when it affects other people. But I can't avoid them. I can only get quicker at correcting my mistakes, one day hoping to adapt so quickly that you will think I had intended to do it that way, that it was part of the plan. So, I don't hope to stop getting mad. I just hope to recover quickly enough so that no one has to feel the effects of it and I can speak calmly and helpfully to make everything come out all well for everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ultrasound jewelry cleaner

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home