Wednesday, August 05, 2009

It Doesn't Matter How Well You Know Them

It doesn’t seem to matter, either, how well you know the other person or if you have worked together before. Maybe, it’s even more likely that you will have a misunderstanding with someone you know, because you make so many assumptions about what they are thinking or how they will feel about what you want to do. One of the worst misunderstandings I was ever involved in was with someone I really liked, whom I thought I understood very well, and whom I had worked with very closely and very successfully in the past. I didn’t even ask him what he thought about my goals and my plan for accomplishing them. I was sure I knew what he thought. I didn’t tell him what I wanted from him. I was sure he knew what I wanted. It was quite a surprise to me when he cancelled the whole project!

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home