Friday, November 10, 2006

The Man Who Listened Well

I was reminded of The Man Who Listened Well today. Not just the things I learned from him, which is what I usually think of since I wrote the book, but the actual person. I thought of the saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." When I met him, I was ready to stop suffering and making everyone around me suffer, too. I was slowly trying different things, but he was the one who taught me that there were words for what I was thinking and feeling. Words that could help me make sense of what was happening around me. Words that could create a philosophy to guide me. When you don't have the words, you are lost in a strange land that is always in darkness. Words shine. Words illuminate.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home