Saturday, January 21, 2006

What Is Your Worst Leadership Flaw?

Ron Chapman, sometimes known affectionately as Roni Lama, gave a talk at the Toastmasters Leadership Institute today. He asked us to say what was the single most significant thing that got in the way of our efforts to be good leaders. He told us what his was. Several people were extremely honest about their shortcomings. I was tempted to speak, but I hesitated. Then he said that if we would take the risk and expose ourselves, it would help us to get better. So I said that my flaw was that I had been given this gift to see things from a different perspective, which should help me to make better choices. But I don't always use what I know. I react from the gut and mess things up. Several more people spoke up. It was amazing. And then he told us to write down what we needed to change and keep it in front of us because just doing that would help us to get better. He said that we already had in us what we needed. We just had to admit what we were doing that we needed to change. Then the magic could start.



Ron Chapman
Magnetic North LLC

Seeing True
The Way of Success in Leadership

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home