Thursday, July 23, 2009

It Is Your Job

When I needed someone to do something and they didn’t want to do it, I was always quick to point out that it was their job, that they had to do it, and I expected that to be an end to it. But it never was. I would have to threaten their jobs or they wouldn’t do it at all. I would have to watch them the whole time or they would do it badly. I had to remind them when they had to do it again, even if it was every day, or they would “forget”. It was always more trouble than it was worth.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jorge Herrera said...

Two things come to my mind; One is human nature, that reflects the Parkinson Law; they will wait to the last minute of the available time to do the chore. And second is lack of motivation; either there is not a good motivational system in place or they really do not identify themselves with the type of job; they do not see themselves fitting in.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home