Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sometimes You Want to Make the Coffee

I don’t know where I got it, but I have always believed that my job was “whatever needed to be done”. I’m afraid it might have something to do with being a busybody, but I am sure that it also has to do with knowing that my part is just that, part of a larger goal that is more important than my part, and that my part has no value if the larger goal is not achieved. But I have also refused to do things, like make coffee (hey, I don’t drink it). I did make coffee at one job, though, because nobody else seemed to be able to function until they had a cup and I was the first one there. They were very grateful and went right to work. At that job, I wanted to make the coffee.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home