Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Interesting People

I used to be shy, but really it was a weird kind of snobbishness. I wanted to say clever things, to be admired for my wit and charm. But I couldn't think of anything clever to say, so I didn't say anything most of the time. Every once in a while I would blurt out something, which never came out the way I intended. I think it takes practice. The people who were like me and might have forgiven my awkwardness, I was afraid might be boring or weird (like me). I didn't want to be associated with them in front of the cool people.

Eventually I observed that truly cool people talk to everyone, bring out the best in other people, and always find something interesting in them. So, I am not shy anymore. I am still awkward and not clever enough, but I know the really cool people won't care about that and that there are not just a few interesting people in the world, there are about 6.5 billion.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. I'm facing many of these issues as well..

Visit my page - best affordable auto insurance

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home