Monday, January 29, 2007

Fossils and Other Treasures

I used to live in Placitas, New Mexico, which is in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. The Sandias are mostly granite but are topped by a layer of limestone from the time when New Mexico was covered by an ocean. I used to go rock collecting around my property and found many interesting ones. But I never found a fossil or even knew they were there. Maybe I didn't find any fossils because I didn't know they were there. A visitor walked with me a few feet from my front door and stooped down to pick a rock, saying, "Look, a fossil." I could hardly believe it. But she saw many. There were there all the time.

That is what awareness does. It lets you see the things that are there, whether you expect to see them or not. Like you can see the beautiful and valuable characteristics of people, not so rare as you might think, if you are paying attention.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home