Monday, March 27, 2006

Better Than a Trophy

I didn't win a trophy. But I did well.

I got many hugs and handshakes and well dones and I felt very good about it myself. B.S. said:
"It's the best speech I've ever heard you give. It really resonated with me."
I like resonating. And G.L. wrote a review for those who weren't there:
"Marianne turned in an excellent effort with her International Speech, 'The Journey.' It is a worthy addition both to her Toastmasters resume and her developing repertoire as a professional writer-speaker-consultant. She incorporated humor, self-revelation, an effective take-home message, and showed a style and poise that reflects the hard work she's done."
I think I'll ask him to write all my reviews. Miz said I was awesome. I thought so, too!

It was Miz who gave me the line, "I did what any woman in my situation would do, I decided to become a truck driver." My fellow Toastmasters at Sandia Lite taught me to say "we" instead of "you" and gave me the three philosophers (Aristotle, Descartes, The Beatles). And Sandy taught me to actually say Descartes (day-CART). And while I was figuring that out, I also got to learn about other philosophers from Miz and Annie and Peg. Thanks, Everybody!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Well done, Marianne!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home