Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Better Life Success Enrichment Seminar 9

There is almost never any reason for coworkers to fight. We are people with a common goal whose main purpose for being there is to help each other reach that goal.
Yet we do fight.

But it’s not inevitable. It just that at this moment in time, people have developed a certain way of handling disagreements. If they disagree, they argue. To win the argument, they try to discredit each other. First criticizing the other person’s reasoning and, if that doesn’t work, the other person. Insults are met with insults.
The other side is seen as the enemy and, eventually, evil. The interesting thing is that both sides will act and react in this same way as if it were the only way.

But is it?
If I disagree, do I have to argue?
If I argue, do I have to win?
If someone insults me, do I have to feel insulted?
If I can’t convince someone to agree with me,
do they have to be my enemy?
If they are my enemy, do they have to be evil?

Most people seem to think that way. So it seems like it must be right or natural or inevitable. But what if this is just a rut we’ve gotten into?

In the seminar today, we’ll be learning 25 things that will help us to get out of our rut and change our perspective, to stop doing what is not working for us, to take a mental journey and look for other possibilities. The whole universe is open to us and somewhere in the universe is an answer to whatever troubles us. We can solve our problems, achieve our goals, and be the best that we can be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific work! This is the kind of info that are
supposed to be shared across the net. Shame on Google for no
longer positioning this put up upper! Come on over and consult with my site .
Thanks =)

Take a look at my page car insurance utah

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home