Monday, March 02, 2009

We Don't Know What Other People are Thinking and Feeling

We often talk as if we know what other people are thinking: “He thinks he’s better than everybody else,” “She thinks I’m trying to make her look bad,” but we don’t. What we are really saying is: “If I were acting like that, it would be because I was thinking I was better than everyone else,” or “The last time someone acted like that, they said they were mad at me because I was trying to make them look bad.” We don’t know what other people are thinking. We know what we would think in that situation. We know what other people have said they were thinking in the past. It is not the same.

Doing the Right Thing
and Achieving All Your Goals at the Same Time

www.mariannepowers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home