Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Conclusion

Now that you’ve read the book, you know the secret. Everything I have written about knowing, thinking, and speaking so that you can do the right thing and achieve all your goals, you already knew. You have practiced it in your life with someone. Someone that you cared about.

In every situation now, imagine that the other person is not a stranger, not an acquaintance, not a coworker, but your best friend. Think of them and speak to them with the same care, compassion, and belief in their ability to succeed. Treat every person you meet the same and treat them well, not because of who they are, but because of who you are.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I have the secret, what I really want to know is how was your recent presentation at the Toastmaster's competition?

--Debby

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was mahvelous! But how did you know that I competed in the Toastmasters Humourous Speech Contest? You must have contacts! I only decided to compete that day. Based on a suggestion from a fellow Toastmaster, my speech "In the Office" was about me and my coworkers. We're a funny bunch! For the next level of competition, I asked my boss if I could talk about him, because he's even funnier than we are!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Robert Shapiro said...

It is so good to find someone else putting out good advice and encouraging people to achieve their best for their own sake as well as to pass on benevolence to others. Keep up the good work.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home