Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Achieving All Your Goals

Achieving all my goals was not a problem for me. Achieving ANY of my goals was a problem for me. I could do all right working on my own. I was smart. I worked hard. But what kind of work can be done by just one person working alone? Not very exciting or important work. Anything worthwhile requires the combined effort of many people. I wasn't any good at that. Other people didn't listen, they didn't understand, and they didn't want to do what needed to be done. I'd rather do it myself. I do my job, they do their job, or not, whatever they please. Of course, because I was pretty good at my work, my boss made me a manager. So I could teach the other people to be just like me. Ha! I tried that. That didn't work. I decided I'd rather be poked in the eye with a stick than be a manager. I'd rather have a root canal. I'd rather be covered in honey and have ants crawling all over me, pinching me and taking little bites out of me. Oh, wait, that is just like being a manager.

Figuring this part out took a little longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home