Sunday, June 25, 2006

Michael J Haggar

My friend and colleague, Mike Haggar, died on Thursday. I couldn't believe it at first but I know now it must be true, because they published his obituary in the Albuquerque Journal today. Here it is.

Mike taught me about servers and terminals, to install Unix, to set up users and profiles, printers and modems, what the guts were in that box, formats and custom reports, and how to teach people what I knew. He taught me humility and compassion, because he told me, calmly and sympathetically, "You know, when you get up on your high horse, Marianne, it doesn't even matter that you're right." He was one of the people who helped me to see and make the right choices so that, eventually, I could figure things out and write my book. I will always remember him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing blog structure! How lengthy have you been blogging for?
you made running a blog glance easy. The whole look of your site is wonderful, let alone the content!



Feel free to surf to my web page auto cheap insurance online (http://trilln.com/online_auto_insurance)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home